Thursday, September 25, 2014

Diablo III in 3 weeks

Blizzcon 2014! Frank and Nat's friends got tickets and they came a callin' for some costumes to wear. Unfortunately they only had a 3 week window from start to finish to get these completed. 
Challenge excepted!!
The first few days were drawing, planning and agreeing on the concepts. 

After everything was agreed upon and mats were purchased (foam of differing widths, Barge, Free Form Air, Pleather, Upholstery Fabric, Airbrush Paint, lots and lots of hot glue etc...)

We used foam for most of the armor, held together was Barge glue found at our local Ace Hardware. (recommended to us by KnowOnesDesigns )
One of my favorite details though small was the hand engraved swirls I put on the arm gaurd, top right. 
Paul really like his neck guard, he wants his own now on something. 

Our friends Theresa and Cody came down after the 2 1/2 weeks and spent a couple days with us to finalize details, paint and fit. 
We personalized each with small details different from the game so as  to set them apart them from other Cosplayers.


 Final tests before they them home, as soon as we get pics of them in action I will post them here.