Monday, November 21, 2011
I will say that for last week, I am thankful for my local comic book shop. They are always there for me when I need them. Makeing a so-so day wonderful by filling it full of action-packed adventure. Todd and team, you are superific! Go Hero Comics!
I am thankful for comfy pajamas, you get me through the toughest nights. You comfort and care for me and leave me all snuggly warm. Hugs to all the pajamas out there.
I am thankful for Woodchuck Cider. How yummy and happy you make me; pairing so nicely with pizza, chicken, and more. My hand would fill so empty playing video games and hanging out talking without you in it.
My super comfy sleep inducing couch. You were the best Christmas/Birthday/ Anniversary gift. You suck the life out of me, but somehow I don't mind because you do it so nicely.
Now I am going to snuggle on the super comfy couch with hubby while he plays Skyrim. Love lazy nights.
Monday, November 7, 2011
1. My Husband - He is truly my best friend. He is one of "The Good Ones" as my Mom would say. Caring, Thoughtful, A Hard Worker, Motivational, Creative, Romantic, Funny, and WONDERFUL! I would say he does too much for me and he replies that he doesn't do enough. He is My Heart.
2. My Family - I sincerely think I have one of the best families in the World.
My Mother is my role model. The woman who taught me what it was to be a Lady; a feisty, adventurous, independent, caring lady. She is my Hero. I honestly know no better woman than her. My Father, the strong silent type. Strong and yet so funny. No tears ever ran too long for he could make me smile with a few words. He showed me what a hard work was and how to be my best.
My Sister is a combination of Julia Childs, Julie Andrews, Martha Stewart, and Mother Theresa. She is so talented in life. She inspires me to creative. adventurous, and daring. And is all the above isn't enough, she is also a great wife and mom.
My Brother, shy, happy, imaginative, easy-going, and caring. Always my friend, always willing to be there for me. He has grown to be a strong man and now, a great father. Even when I jumped up and down on one of his favorite toys, he still forgave me. He is my Big Brother.
3. My Friends - Be they near or far, they are all amazing and help get me through the bad times and join me in celebrating the good. I can be my big, nerdy self with them and they still love and encourage me. I love how individual they all are. They love me even though I only call once a year. They help me even when I am cranky, bitchy, and impossible. They laugh with me, even if I am a mess. Be it through Real Life, Facebook, Blogger, Text, Phone, or more, they are honest, caring, fun, crafty, silly, geeky, nerdy, amazing, amazing people.
okay now the less mushy ones...
4. David Bowie - Yes he is an amazing artist and who can resist Jareth from Labyrinth, but I am talking about my sweet, sweet girl, my pooch Mrs. David Bowie, or Bow Bow to us. She is my wonderful and curious child. She has such a great personality. She makes me laugh on a daily basis. One of the best things I ever did was bring her home from the pound. I watch her right now, ripping into her toy lobster and smile. Who couldn't love that face.
5. Creativity - I love being able to express myself in so many ways. I am not the best at what I do, but I don't care. Just the ability to be imaginative makes my day. Be it writing, photography, crafting, painting, or more. I love that I can make something that makes me happy.
6. Costuming - (speaking of crafting) Costuming has brought many pains but so much more is fun. What I once thought of as just for Halloween and special occasion has turned into so much more. When I first was introduced to the idea of joining the costume community, I thought it would be silly and was honestly a little embarrassed. But once I stood in front of a group of children and saw their faces, I was hooked. I get to be a hero, a super star, a Victorian, and anything else my mind can dream up.
7. My new home - Paul and I purchased our first home this year and are so excited to be delving into a new adventure. Though at times I am pulling my hair out, it is still so unbelievably fun. The excitement of it being ours outweighs the fears of it not being up to my expectations. And who hates having a pool (even with all the crummy upkeep)
---So, I already feel better and happier, let's se if I can keep up the positive spirits!
Sunday, October 23, 2011
$60 - oasis-stores.com
£35 - houseoffraser.co.uk
£6 - monsoon.co.uk
$113 - bluefly.com
$20 - topshop.com
€150 - zalando.de
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Went to Tailgators afterwards and got T started are her Punch Beer Card. Only 45 more glasses to go haha. Her daughter was such a riot, dancing and making faces. The C monster cracks me up.
I am back home and it is time to get painting. Soon I will post picks of the house's progress.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
$275 - barneys.com
$38 - asos.com
$25 - modcloth.com
$20 - overstock.com
$75 - bluefly.com
£26 - monsoon.co.uk
$7.95 - amazon.com
Saturday, August 27, 2011
What is your favorite Missoni gear?
Monday, August 22, 2011
We won our first game, and lost our second, but thats okay. I like to cheer for the guys, some of who's names I am already learning, Culter, Moore, and Barber to name a few.
We also took the leap and are playing in a Fantasy Football League, which I blame upon "The League" an FX comedy that has grown on me this past year, because of the humor. Paul convinced his fellow firefighters to join up, throw in some money, and start the draft going tomorrow. So what did I do tonight? I poured over Fantasy Top 200 lists, mock drafts, injury lists, and read the ins and outs of fantasy footballing. I know that Darren McFadden is a great prospect, but a recent injury has him looking risky as a draft pick. So, now I have Paul armed with a list of our, or my, top 24 choices for Running Back, and Wide Receiver; top 18 for Quarter Back, Tight End, and top 15 for Kicker. We are going for the Bears defense, of course, but I am prepared with 7 more options, just in case. I have now become a total Fantasy Football Nerd. OMG! What is the world coming too???
I have kept a bit of myself however, because if I personally don't like what the player is like in the real world (Michael Vick, No Bueno!) then no matter how good of a player they are, they are not in my draft pick! I looked for new, fresh faces, and inspiring individuals. So as of right now I am pumped and having a great time with Paul. So right now, I look cute, have an excuse to drink my Woodchuck, and am learning something new. If you need something to do to hang with your husband, try it out! I mean, at least you get to look at some cute guys too ^^
Sunday, August 14, 2011
I have been very lucky lately to have either been gifted or purchased some really cool art. I am very excited and they are all going up in the crafting room in the new house!
Phoenix - Oliver Nome (print)
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
I miss all the nerds! I want guys who know I am Wonder Woman... not "Miss America". Just because I am not one of "those " girls. I mean of course everyone knows who slave Leia is.
If you didn't know it, there are different types of costumers out there. I would say 5 types, roughly.
the True Costumers - out for detail, authenticity, and originality. Their goal is to make quality costumes either based off a character or a creative rendition. They pride themselves in a job well done and love being told that their costume is "the best one they have ever seen" or asked "did you buy that or make it yourself"
the True Fan- doing it because they love a character. Their goal is not quality but quantity. The more they can have the beloved hero/anime/cartoon, the better. They will buy a costume, make one, draw it on paper and cut it out and wear it. It does not matter as long as they have it. Their excitement and love spill over and cause either happiness or uncomfortability to all. They love to hear, "Oh my god, I love (said character)"
the Imitator Costumer - It might sound bad, but its not (all the time). We were all there at one time. They have seen the joy of costuming and want to join in on the fun. They are new and inexperienced and have lots to learn, however. They wear a Halloween costume at first, most of the time, and then slowly purchase or make more detailed parts. They will either elevate themselves to True Costumer or accept defeat and stick with Halloween costumes or quit altogether. They are happy just to get their photo taken.
the Jokester- these people dress up just to be funny. They often think costuming is silly or they want to be costumers but don't have the guts to try. They wear silly, made up costumes that while often can be similar to the Fan or the Imitator, stand out because they are doing such an absurd job it is obvious they are ridiculing those who make any effort. They are out for the laughs.
the Bikini Babe - or as I like to call them, the Attention Whores. Their goal is to choose a character and then make a costume to resemble said character using as little clothing as possible. Not always, but these are often booth babes, slave Leias, Ironettes, etc. You can easily spot them because they are often surrounded by middle aged men, their boobies or rear end are often hanging out, and if quesitoned, they possibly don't even know the real name of the character they are portraying. They love hearing about how sexy they are, don't mind being ogled and can't wait to see their pictures online in "Hot Girls of Con" galleries.
I dont' like it when anyone makes fun of costumers. Myself included. I think anyone who puts out the effort is awesome and if you are spreading the love of nerdiness - kudos. I don't wish ill on these costumers (well maybe the Bikini Babes, most of them don't even make their own costumes. And the jokesters that are mean) I just want to remind people that there are those out there who try and work very hard at what they do, some who just love what they do, and many big, geeky, nerdy fans. Please show some love.
Also, if you go to Con, go because you love it and not because its cool or you might see a celebrity.
Okay... stepping off the soap box...
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
It is Method All-Purpose Pink Grapefruit Cleaner.
I now use it everywhere I can, living room, bedroom, bathroom...
It is good for the environment, as in it is biodegradable so you can clean your home without flushing super-toxic chemicals down the drain. The bottle is made from 100% recycled plastic (yay!). Method is very eco savy. If you want the entire list of ingrediants, click here.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Well, long story short, me and my active imagination had alot of good times and thus, now, even though I am a bit older, my mind wonders down memory lane and I find myself watching Power Rangers on Netflix and having a really good laugh. So, as I lay here, rehabing from oral surgery, I decided to create my own Ranger Team. An all girl team of hipster, eco, fashionistas that save the world.
Green Ranger by Aria_belle featuring cuffed shorts
Pink Ranger by Aria_belle featuring a pink tee
Purple Ranger by Aria_belle featuring star shoes
Black Ranger by Aria_belle featuring low heels
Red Ranger by Aria_belle featuring patent leather high heels
Blue Ranger by Aria_belle featuring metal necklaces
Yellow Ranger by Aria_belle featuring beaded jewelry
White Ranger by Aria_belle featuring leather boots
Well, I hope you enjoyed! Check out more of my stuff on Polyvore!!!!