Tuesday, October 1, 2013

30 Day Challenge

So I have been wanting to do one of those 30 day Challenges and after a lot of thinking, I decided to try something new everyday for 30 days... whether it be a recipe, a restaurant, a new stitch, a new workout, sky's the limit.

Truth be told, I honestly wanted to do a cooking challenge where I tried 30 new recipes in 30 days, but after being honest with my abilities I knew this would never happen. So I thought this idea was much more feasible. So October, here I come!!!

Day 1

Recipe: Ramen Noodle Lettuce Wraps

Ingredients

  • 1 package Oriental Ramen Noodles With Seasoning Packet
  • 1 6 oz. can Tuna
  • 1/2 cup broccoli
  • 1/2 cup Cauliflower
  • 1 carrot (sliced)
  • 1/2 cup Edamame
  • 1 Jalapeno
  • Chicken Bouillon
  • 1 Tablespoons Soy Sauce (do Reduced Sodium Because Of Ramen’s High Salt Content)
  • 1 teaspoons Sesame Oil
  • Lettuce: I used Butter, but you can use Boston or Leaf Lettuce; any type that can hold noodle mix
I used Sriracha but you can used peanut sauce for a topping

Directions

First thing I did was combine my broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots in the steam basket of my rice cooker and set this for 6 minutes. Then, I brought a medium saucepan of water to a boil, added edamame and cooked for 1 minute. After 1 minute I added the ramen, sesame oil,  jalapenos, and the chicken bouillon and cooked for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes I added the tuna for a final 1 minute. While these were going I washed the Lettuce removing all dirt.  After the ramen is done cooking, I strained out almost all of the water and mixed the ramen Oriental Seasoning, the soy, and the steamed veggies in with the Noodle Pan ingredients.
After this I just rolled up, added sriracha, and enjoyed.


It was pretty gosh darn delicious. I never thought about wrapping ramen noodles in butter lettuce, but now I will do it all the time! The only thing I would change is to chop up my noodles. I normally don't because I love them long, but they have a tendency to fall out the back end.
The sriracha is a must!!

1 new adventure down, 29 to go. I will post updates during the week, but you guys know me, there is no way I will update daily, haha, I'll try 1-2 times a week. Wish me luck! And if there is something you think I should try, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment