Friday, October 18, 2013

30 in 30 Week Two

Another week down and 8 new experiences since my last blog. My favorite was I actually tried a snakebite utilizing Woodchucks Pumpkin Cider and the Four Peaks Pumpkin Porter. Pretty spectacular or should I say spooktacular (oh geez haha)

Day 10

 Was a nice relaxing morning with Paul, running around to the costume shop and craft store for Susan Strong and Breakfast Princess Accessories. On our own Adventures Time we decided to stop and get sushi at How Do You Roll and we tried two new rolls.

The Beefeater
Soy Wrap, Brown Rice, Grilled Beef, Avocado, Green Onion, Cucumber, Wasabi Mayo, and Teriyaki

 
and the Crazy Cajun.
Seaweed Wrap, Brown Rice, craw fish tails, green onion, jalapeno, cucumber, sweet chili, sesame chili oil, chili powder, and tempura crunch

They were both good but I preferred the crazy Cajun.




 
Day 11
Finished a new book.
 
I was a little worried at first that the book tried to have a somewhat exciting beginning still cane off as droll. The main heroin is very logical and I read her as unemotional and slightly monotone but in the end the side characters and the story drew me in and  I started and finished the book in one week. 6 days to be precise (and only because work was holding me back) 

I also had one of the most strangest interviews. It's that time of year again where we are hiring our seasonal employees. One of my prospective cashiers was a retired CIA operative. After 25 years with the CIA working in intelligence the best answer she could come up with was, "I'm sorry most of my missions were classified and I can not talk about what I learned or did." Really you can't figure out a way to speak with a metaphor or something away from the CIA just to answer the question, "when was a time that you had multiple things to do in a small amount of time and how did you manage the situation"??? Never did laundry, the bathrooms, wash the dishes, and take out the trash all in one hour????

Day 12
This was the day I not only tried the snakebite, but I tried it at a new eatery.  Thanks to Jackie and G, I was introduced to Angel's Trumpet Ale House. Delicious. Paul and I shared the spam sliders to begin with, then I had the wild game wrap. This was a sausage wrap that I totally forgot to ask what kind of game it was made out of. Too many bites maybe :-P
The only flaw was the wrap might have been too big. It was a bit hard to eat, but other than that, great company and great food.


Day 13
I made my very first Bacon Scarf. Yes, you heard that right. It is supposed to be chilly this Saturday for the "Best Halloween Party Ever" event so I decided Breakfast Princess needed an accessory.
I also tried one of the new seasonal treats at Target. The salted caramel cupcake. It was so delectable. No way I could have more that one, but that is probably a good thing. If you like sweet and salty, then it is a must!

 

Day 14

New shoes! And at a great deal! On sale for $15 and then used my Cartwheel App and saved another 20% off. Woot!! If you haven't signed up for Cartwheel, get it. You just need a Facebook account. You can take it mobile on your phone or print out the barcode from home, but you earn saving spots where you choose discounts to add and these discounts stack with both the Target coupon and a manufacturer coupon. Just ask if you have questions, but try it!
Also on Monday Paul and I watched the first episode to the new season of Walking Dead! OMG is the disease now coming out in a virus form, is it something else???? Hmmmm
 
 



Day15
Today was the day I worked on my Toast Princess Koozie most of the day, but I did take a break to run to Sprouts for a sandwich and picked up these new chips. I am always a fan of pumpkin so there was no doubt I would try them and they did not let me down. A tasty corn tortilla ship with a hint of pumpkin.
 
Day 16
 
So today for the first time I am trying to shellac food, a waffle to be exact. It is currently drying so fingers crossed it works out!
 
 
That is my week of the new... more to come next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment