Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Amazing Arizona Comic Con 2011

Had a great time this weekend at the Amazing Arizona Comic Con in Mesa, AZ! Was also very glad that Case came and enjoyed the experience of the Crazy Con Circuit and its attendees.

I will be honest, I was a little surprised at the size. I was expecting San Diego, but I did think it would be a little bigger. But though it was small on space, it had a great list of guests and artists.

We had a long and great talk with JJ Kirby, and are now the proud owners of some amazing art from Livio Ramondelli and Oliver Nome.



Aren't these just beautiful! The Phoenix is my favorite, the inking is amazing!


But, as always the best part were the fans. Though I did get called Phoenix on occassion (not really an insult) and many fans asked who I was, there was a great many who said,
"Wow! Hope! Great Costume!"
Very exciting!
And one artist told me I was the first Hope he had seen and another the best Hope he had all the Cons he had attended, which makes me very proud. It really is the fans that make cosplay fun.
This was a taken at a little booth. Flattery got the Photographer everywhere! because after being complimented who is going to turn down purchasing a 4x7 for $7. Not I.



But all this Coning now has me thinking, what next.
We have the Phoenix Comic Con in May and then San Diego in July. I also need to make a costume for the Arizona Justice League. I have some plans... we will have to see, and I will have to budget my time and money. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to give me ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment